Will Poulter is a talented British actor who has made a name for himself in Hollywood over the past decade. Here’s everything you need to know about Will Poulter, the British actor.
Must Watch: Would you live on 3D Printed Mars for a year for $60,000?
Born in Hammersmith, London in 1993, Poulter began his acting career at the age of 16 with a small role in the comedy film “Son of Rambow” in 2007. He quickly gained recognition for his talent, and went on to star in a number of successful films and television series.
One of Poulter’s most notable roles came in the 2013 film “We’re the Millers”, in which he played Kenny, a socially awkward teenager who gets caught up in a drug smuggling scheme. Poulter’s performance in the film earned him widespread praise, and he was nominated for a number of awards, including a BAFTA Rising Star Award.
Since then, Poulter has continued to work on a variety of projects, showcasing his versatility as an actor. He has appeared in a number of high-profile films, including “The Maze Runner” trilogy, “The Revenant”, and “Midsommar”. In addition to his film work, Poulter has also made a name for himself on television, appearing in the critically acclaimed series “Black Mirror” and “The Bandersnatch”.
Full Real Name: William Jack Poulter
Stage Name: Will Poulter
Date of Birth: January 28, 1993
Age (as of 2023): 30 years old
Place of Birth: Hammersmith, London, England
Current Residence: London, England
Net worth: Approximately $5 million USD (as of 2021)
Ethnicity: White British
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Education: Harrodian School
School/College: Bristol University
Height (approx.): 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)
Weight (approx.): 83 kg (183 lbs)
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Will Poulter was born on January 28, 1993, in Hammersmith, London. His father, Neil Poulter, is a prominent British professor of cardiology, and his mother, Caroline Poulter, is a former nurse. Poulter grew up in a family of academics and healthcare professionals, but he was drawn to the arts from a young age.
As a child, Poulter was involved in various drama groups and local theater productions. He attended the Harrodian School, where he continued to develop his passion for acting. During his time at school, he took part in a number of stage productions, including “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” and “Oliver Twist”.
Poulter’s big break came in 2007, when he was cast in the film “Son of Rambow” at the age of 16. He had no previous professional acting experience, but impressed the director with his audition and landed the role of Lee Carter. The film received critical acclaim and Poulter’s performance was widely praised, setting him on the path to a successful acting career.
Will Poulter’s career has been nothing short of impressive since his breakout role in “Son of Rambow” in 2007. He quickly gained recognition for his talent and landed a series of high-profile roles, showcasing his versatility as an actor.
One of Poulter’s most notable roles came in 2013 with the film “We’re the Millers”, in which he played the character of Kenny Rossmore, a teenage boy who gets caught up in a drug smuggling scheme. His portrayal of the socially awkward, yet endearing character earned him widespread critical acclaim, and he was nominated for a number of awards, including a BAFTA Rising Star Award.
Poulter has continued to work on a variety of film and television projects since then, solidifying his place as one of Hollywood’s most promising young talents. He has appeared in the “Maze Runner” trilogy, playing the character of Gally, and in “The Revenant” alongside Leonardo DiCaprio. In 2019, he starred in the horror film “Midsommar”, which received critical acclaim for its unsettling and chilling storyline.
In addition to his film work, Poulter has also made a name for himself on television. He appeared in the hit Netflix series “Black Mirror” in the episode “Bandersnatch”, which earned him critical praise for his performance. He has also made guest appearances on popular British shows such as “The Fades” and “The Bill”.
Will Poulter has faced some controversies throughout his career, both in the media and online. In 2018, he announced that he would be taking a break from social media due to the negative comments and abuse he had been receiving online. Poulter has been open about his struggles with anxiety and depression, and the constant barrage of negativity online had taken a toll on his mental health.
Another controversy involving Poulter came in 2019, when he was cast in the upcoming Amazon series “The Lord of the Rings”. Some fans of the series were critical of Poulter’s casting, citing his appearance as not fitting the physical description of the character in the books. Poulter ultimately left the series due to scheduling conflicts, but the controversy surrounding his casting sparked a larger conversation about representation and diversity in Hollywood.
In 2020, Poulter was also caught up in controversy surrounding the film “Detroit”, in which he played the role of a white police officer involved in the racially charged 1967 Detroit riots. Some critics accused the film of perpetuating harmful stereotypes and misrepresenting the events of the riots. Poulter defended his role in the film, stating that he had taken great care to accurately portray the character and the historical events surrounding the film.
Here are some additional facts about Will Poulter:
- Poulter is a talented musician and plays the guitar and the piano. He has even composed music for some of his film projects, including “The Maze Runner”.
- He is an advocate for various charitable causes, including anti-bullying and environmental conservation. In 2017, he participated in the Stand Up to Cancer telethon in the UK, helping to raise money for cancer research.
- Poulter has worked with some of the biggest names in Hollywood, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, and Jennifer Aniston.
- He is a fan of Tottenham Hotspur football club, and has attended several matches over the years.
- Poulter has received numerous award nominations for his performances, including a Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble for “The Revenant”, and a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Television Movie for his work on “Bandersnatch”.
- He has a distinctive appearance, with his bushy eyebrows and large eyes. In fact, Poulter has joked that he often gets mistaken for actor Sid from the Ice Age films because of his resemblance to the character.
- Poulter is an avid reader and enjoys a variety of genres, from non-fiction to sci-fi and fantasy. He has cited J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings” as one of his favorite book series.
Other Notable Personalities
- Tommy Kono – Greatest American Weightlifter
- Masako Katsura – The First Lady Of Billiards
- Amanda Aldridge – British Opera Singer
- Hisaye Yamamoto – American Author
- Anne McLaren – British Geneticist
- Louise Jean McCary – Daughter of Actress Emma Stone
- Jaya Kelly – Popular American Singer And Daughter Of R Kelly
- Notti Osama – The Untold Story
- Kim Taehyung – South Korean Singer
- Kelly Piquet – Max Verstappen’s Brazilian Girlfriend
- Claudia Heffner Peltz – The Third Wife Of Nelson Peltz
- Finley Aaron Love Lockwood – Elvis Presley’s Granddaughter
- Clara Chía Martí – Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué New Girlfriend
- Kylian Mbappé’s Girlfriend – Know Her Secret Life
- Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood – Lisa Marie Presley’s Daughter With Michael Lockwood
- William Shaner – American Olympic Sports Shooter
- Ángela Peralta – Opera Singer
- Ildaura Murillo-Rohde – Panamanian Nurse
- Edmond Dédé – American Musician And Composer
- Michiyo Tsujimura – Japanese Agricultural Scientist
- Jackie Sandler – American Model And Actress
- Dylan Arnold – American Actor
- Willa Fitzgerald – American actress
- Glen Powell – American Actor
- Lori Anne Allison – Make-Up Artist And Johnny Depp’s Ex-Wife
- Cassie Howard – Major Character In HBO Series Euphoria
- Adrianne Palicki – American Actress
- Eduardo Franco – American Comedy Actor
- Angie Dickinson – American Actress
- Hassie Harrison – American Actress
- Manny Montana – American Actor
- Gama Pehlwan – Legendary Indian Wrestler
- Ludwig Guttmann – German Neurologist
- Katarzyna Kobro – Polish Sculptor
- Olivia Wilde – American Actress
- Theo James – English Actor
- Theo James – English Actor
- Jack Depp – Johnny Depp’s Son
- Mia Goth – English Actress
- Quandale Dingle – Musical Artist
- Belle Delphine – South African-British Internet Celebrity
- Gigachad – The Memes Guy
- Squidward – Fictional Character
- Sid The Sloth – Movie Character
- Pablo Schreiber – Canadian-American Actor
- Patrick Bateman – Fictional Character
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas – American Actor
- Lord Farquaad – Movie Character
- Mike Wazowski – The One Eyed Monster