Theo James is a British actor, musician, and model who rose to prominence for his portrayal of Four in the popular Divergent film series. Born on December 16, 1984, in Oxford, England, James grew up in a diverse family with Scottish, Greek, and New Zealander roots. Before pursuing acting, he studied philosophy at the University of Nottingham and trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Here’s everything you need to know about Theo James, the English actor.
Must Watch: Putin offers Nuclear Weapons to Everyone
James began his acting career in 2010 with a small role in the British television series A Passionate Woman. He later appeared in several other TV shows, including Bedlam, Downton Abbey, and Golden Boy. In 2012, he made his feature film debut in the romantic drama You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, directed by Woody Allen.
James gained wider recognition in 2014 when he was cast as the male lead, Four, in the film adaptation of Veronica Roth’s dystopian young adult novel Divergent. He reprised his role in the sequels, Insurgent and Allegiant, solidifying his place as a rising star in Hollywood. James has also been recognized for his performances in other films such as London Fields, The Secret Scripture, and The Benefactor.
Aside from acting, James is also a talented musician and singer. He has played guitar and sang in several of his on-screen performances, including in the film London Fields, where he covered the classic song “These Boots Are Made for Walkin’.” James also modeled for the prestigious fashion brand Hugo Boss in 2015, showcasing his versatility as a performer.
Full Real Name: Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis
Stage Name: Theo James
Date of Birth: December 16, 1984
Age (as of 2023): 38
Place of Birth: Oxford, England
Current Residence: Unknown
Profession: Actor, Musician, Model
Net worth: Estimated at $8 million (as of 2021)
Ethnicity: Greek, Scottish, New Zealander
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy from the University of Nottingham, Graduate of the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
School/College: Aylesbury Grammar School
Height (approx.): 6 feet (183 cm)
Weight (approx.): 176 lbs (80 kg)
MUST WATCH: The Truth About COVID-19 Revealed In EU Parliament
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Theo James was born Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis on December 16, 1984, in Oxford, England. His father is Greek, and his mother is of Scottish and New Zealander descent. James grew up in a multicultural family, and he has often credited this upbringing for his love of travel and his ability to adapt to different cultures.
As a child, James attended Aylesbury Grammar School, where he excelled in sports and academics. He was a talented athlete, playing both rugby and basketball, and he even considered pursuing a career in sports before ultimately deciding to focus on acting. James was also a gifted musician and learned to play the guitar and piano at a young age.
After completing his secondary education, James went on to study philosophy at the University of Nottingham. He was drawn to philosophy because he felt it allowed him to explore the big questions in life, and he has since said that his studies have influenced his approach to acting. During his time at university, James was involved in several theatre productions and became more serious about pursuing a career in acting.
After graduating from university, James trained at the prestigious Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. It was there that he honed his skills as an actor, learning everything from classical theatre to stage combat. James has said that his time at the Bristol Old Vic was a formative experience for him and helped him to become the actor he is today.
Theo James began his career in acting in 2010 with a small role in the British television series A Passionate Woman. He then went on to appear in several other British television shows, including Bedlam, Case Sensitive, and Golden Boy.
In 2012, James made his feature film debut in Woody Allen’s romantic drama You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, in which he played the role of a charming art gallery assistant named Ray. This was followed by a supporting role in the action-thriller film Underworld: Awakening, which was released in 2012.
James gained wider recognition in 2014 when he was cast as the male lead, Four, in the film adaptation of Veronica Roth’s dystopian young adult novel Divergent. His performance in the film earned him critical acclaim and a legion of fans. James reprised his role as Four in the sequels Insurgent and Allegiant, both of which were released in 2015 and 2016, respectively.
Aside from his work in the Divergent series, James has also appeared in several other films, including London Fields, The Secret Scripture, and The Benefactor. In London Fields, James played the role of Guy Clinch, a wealthy banker who becomes embroiled in a love triangle with two women. His portrayal of the complex character earned him praise from critics.
Theo James has managed to keep his personal life out of the spotlight, and he has not been involved in any major controversies or scandals throughout his career. However, there was a minor controversy in 2018 when James was accused of making inappropriate comments during an interview with a Mexican journalist.
During the interview, James was asked about his experience filming in Mexico for the movie How It Ends. He responded by saying, “It’s hot, it’s like Mexico,” which some people found to be insensitive and disrespectful. James later issued a statement apologizing for his comments, saying that he did not mean to offend anyone and that he had a great time filming in Mexico.
Aside from this incident, James has kept a relatively low profile and has avoided any major controversies. He has also been praised for his professionalism and easy-going demeanor on set, and he is well-liked by his colleagues in the film industry.
In recent years, James has become more involved in environmental and social justice causes, using his platform to raise awareness and advocate for change. He has spoken out about issues such as climate change and inequality and has worked with organizations such as the United Nations to promote sustainability and human rights.
- Theo James is fluent in Greek, which is his father’s native language. He has said in interviews that he is proud of his Greek heritage and enjoys visiting Greece when he has the opportunity.
- Before pursuing a career in acting, James worked as a bartender in London. He has said that he enjoyed working in the service industry because it allowed him to interact with people from all walks of life.
- In addition to acting and music, James is also interested in fashion and style. He has been known to attend fashion shows and has been featured in several fashion magazines.
- James is a fan of outdoor activities such as hiking, surfing, and skiing. He has said in interviews that he enjoys spending time in nature and finds it to be a calming and rejuvenating experience.
- James is married to actress Ruth Kearney, whom he met while they were both studying at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. The couple has been together since 2009 and got married in 2018.
- James has a charitable side and has been involved in various philanthropic efforts throughout his career. He has worked with organizations such as Save the Children and has raised money for causes such as cancer research and animal welfare.
Other Noteworthy Personalities
- Tommy Kono – Greatest American Weightlifter
- Masako Katsura – The First Lady Of Billiards
- Amanda Aldridge – British Opera Singer
- Hisaye Yamamoto – American Author
- Anne McLaren – British Geneticist
- Louise Jean McCary – Daughter of Actress Emma Stone
- Jaya Kelly – Popular American Singer And Daughter Of R Kelly
- Notti Osama – The Untold Story
- Kim Taehyung – South Korean Singer
- Kelly Piquet – Max Verstappen’s Brazilian Girlfriend
- Claudia Heffner Peltz – The Third Wife Of Nelson Peltz
- Finley Aaron Love Lockwood – Elvis Presley’s Granddaughter
- Clara Chía Martí – Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué New Girlfriend
- Kylian Mbappé’s Girlfriend – Know Her Secret Life
- Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood – Lisa Marie Presley’s Daughter With Michael Lockwood
- William Shaner – American Olympic Sports Shooter
- Ángela Peralta – Opera Singer
- Ildaura Murillo-Rohde – Panamanian Nurse
- Edmond Dédé – American Musician And Composer
- Michiyo Tsujimura – Japanese Agricultural Scientist
- Jackie Sandler – American Model And Actress
- Dylan Arnold – American Actor
- Willa Fitzgerald – American actress
- Glen Powell – American Actor
- Lori Anne Allison – Make-Up Artist And Johnny Depp’s Ex-Wife
- Cassie Howard – Major Character In HBO Series Euphoria
- Adrianne Palicki – American Actress
- Eduardo Franco – American Comedy Actor
- Angie Dickinson – American Actress
- Hassie Harrison – American Actress
- Manny Montana – American Actor
- Gama Pehlwan – Legendary Indian Wrestler
- Ludwig Guttmann – German Neurologist
- Katarzyna Kobro – Polish Sculptor
- Olivia Wilde – American Actress