Adria Arjona is a talented Puerto Rican actress who has made a name for herself in both film and television. Here’s everything you need to know about Adria Arjona, the Puerto Rican actress.
Must Watch: Would you live on 3D Printed Mars for a year for $60,000?
Born in Puerto Rico in 1992, Arjona was raised in Mexico City by her mother, Leslie Torres, a renowned Puerto Rican model and actress. Arjona’s father, Ricardo Arjona, is a famous Guatemalan singer-songwriter.
Arjona began her acting career in 2012, appearing in the short film “Loss” and the Mexican television series “Vista al Mar.” She later gained recognition for her role as Emily in the HBO television series “True Detective” in 2015. She also played the lead role in the NBC television series “Emerald City” in 2017.
In addition to her television work, Arjona has appeared in several films, including “Pacific Rim: Uprising” (2018), “Life of the Party” (2018), and “6 Underground” (2019). She also played the lead role in the thriller film “Good Morning, Midnight,” which was released on Netflix in 2021.
Arjona’s talent and versatility as an actress have garnered her critical acclaim and a growing fanbase. With her impressive range and captivating performances, she is undoubtedly one to watch in the entertainment industry.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Full Real Name: Adria Arjona Torres
Stage Name: Adria Arjona
Date of Birth: April 25, 1992
Age (as of 2023): 31 years old
Place of Birth: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, USA
Net worth: Approximately $2 million USD (as of 2021)
Nationality: Puerto Rican and Guatemalan
Religion: Not publicly known
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Education: Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute
School/College: American School Foundation (Mexico City), International School of Panama
Height (approx.): 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm)
Weight (approx.): 121 pounds (55 kg)
Adria Arjona was born on April 25, 1992, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to a Guatemalan father, Ricardo Arjona, and a Puerto Rican mother, Leslie Torres. Arjona’s parents separated when she was young, and she was raised in Mexico City by her mother. Her mother, Leslie Torres, is a well-known model and actress who appeared in several telenovelas in Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Growing up, Arjona was exposed to the entertainment industry through her mother’s work, which sparked her interest in acting. She attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York City to pursue her passion for acting. She also studied at the American School Foundation in Mexico City and the International School of Panama.
Arjona’s multicultural background and upbringing have played a significant role in shaping her as a person and as an actress. She has described herself as a “nomad” and has stated that her diverse background has allowed her to connect with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Adria Arjona began her acting career in 2012, with a minor role in the short film “Loss” and a supporting role in the Mexican television series “Vista al Mar.” Her breakout role came in 2015, when she was cast as Emily in the second season of the HBO crime drama series “True Detective.” Her performance in the series received critical acclaim, which led to her landing other prominent roles.
In 2016, Arjona played the lead role of Dorothy Gale in the short-lived NBC series “Emerald City,” a darker, more adult take on L. Frank Baum’s classic “Wizard of Oz” stories. Despite the series’ cancellation after one season, Arjona received praise for her portrayal of Dorothy.
Arjona’s film career began to take off in 2018, with her first major role in the sci-fi action film “Pacific Rim: Uprising.” She also appeared in the comedy film “Life of the Party” and the action film “Triple Frontier,” alongside a star-studded cast that included Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac. In 2019, Arjona starred in the Netflix original film “6 Underground,” directed by Michael Bay.
Arjona’s most recent project is the lead role in the Netflix sci-fi film “Good Morning, Midnight,” which premiered in 2021. The film, directed by George Clooney, is based on the novel of the same name by Lily Brooks-Dalton and follows the story of a scientist who is stationed in the Arctic and tries to make contact with a team of astronauts returning from a mission.
Adria Arjona has received critical acclaim for her performances in both film and television, and her work has been recognized with several award nominations. Here are some of the most notable nominations she has received:
In 2015, Arjona received a nomination for the Imagen Foundation Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series for her role in “True Detective.” The Imagen Foundation Awards recognize positive portrayals of Latinos and Latino culture in the media.
In 2016, Arjona was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Television Series for her role in “Emerald City.” The Saturn Awards recognize achievements in science fiction, fantasy, and horror in film and television.
Arjona’s film work has also earned her recognition. In 2019, she was nominated for a Feroz Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Film for her role in “Life Itself.” The Feroz Awards are Spain’s equivalent to the Golden Globes and honor achievements in Spanish film and television.
Additionally, Arjona’s performance in “Good Morning, Midnight” has already generated Oscar buzz, with some predicting that she may receive a nomination for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2024 Academy Awards.
While she has yet to win a major award, Arjona’s talent and versatility have not gone unnoticed by critics and audiences alike, and it is likely that she will continue to receive recognition for her work in the years to come.
- Arjona is fluent in both Spanish and English, and has said that being bilingual has helped her in her acting career.
- She is the daughter of actor and singer Ricardo Arjona, who is a Latin Grammy Award winner and one of the most successful Latin American artists of all time.
- Arjona has spoken about her love of travel and has said that she enjoys exploring new cultures and cuisines.
- In addition to acting, Arjona is also a trained classical pianist and has said that she often uses music to help her prepare for roles.
- She has worked with several charitable organizations, including the Rainforest Foundation Fund and the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Arjona has a tattoo of a hummingbird on her wrist, which she has said represents her love of freedom and adventure.
- She has expressed interest in playing a superhero in a future film or television series, saying that she is drawn to strong female characters who are also vulnerable and complex.
Other Noteworthy Personalities
- Tommy Kono – Greatest American Weightlifter
- Masako Katsura – The First Lady Of Billiards
- Amanda Aldridge – British Opera Singer
- Hisaye Yamamoto – American Author
- Anne McLaren – British Geneticist
- Louise Jean McCary – Daughter of Actress Emma Stone
- Jaya Kelly – Popular American Singer And Daughter Of R Kelly
- Notti Osama – The Untold Story
- Kim Taehyung – South Korean Singer
- Kelly Piquet – Max Verstappen’s Brazilian Girlfriend
- Claudia Heffner Peltz – The Third Wife Of Nelson Peltz
- Finley Aaron Love Lockwood – Elvis Presley’s Granddaughter
- Clara Chía Martí – Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué New Girlfriend
- Kylian Mbappé’s Girlfriend – Know Her Secret Life
- Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood – Lisa Marie Presley’s Daughter With Michael Lockwood
- William Shaner – American Olympic Sports Shooter
- Ángela Peralta – Opera Singer
- Ildaura Murillo-Rohde – Panamanian Nurse
- Edmond Dédé – American Musician And Composer
- Michiyo Tsujimura – Japanese Agricultural Scientist
- Jackie Sandler – American Model And Actress
- Dylan Arnold – American Actor
- Willa Fitzgerald – American actress
- Glen Powell – American Actor
- Lori Anne Allison – Make-Up Artist And Johnny Depp’s Ex-Wife
- Cassie Howard – Major Character In HBO Series Euphoria
- Adrianne Palicki – American Actress
- Eduardo Franco – American Comedy Actor
- Angie Dickinson – American Actress
- Hassie Harrison – American Actress
- Manny Montana – American Actor
- Gama Pehlwan – Legendary Indian Wrestler
- Ludwig Guttmann – German Neurologist
- Katarzyna Kobro – Polish Sculptor
- Olivia Wilde – American Actress
- Theo James – English Actor
- Theo James – English Actor
- Jack Depp – Johnny Depp’s Son
- Mia Goth – English Actress
- Quandale Dingle – Musical Artist
- Belle Delphine – South African-British Internet Celebrity
- Gigachad – The Memes Guy
- Squidward – Fictional Character
- Sid The Sloth – Movie Character
- Pablo Schreiber – Canadian-American Actor
- Patrick Bateman – Fictional Character
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas – American Actor
- Lord Farquaad – Movie Character
- Mike Wazowski – The One Eyed Monster