Emily Deschanel is an American actress known for her portrayal of Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan on the television series “Bones”. Born on October 11, 1976, in Los Angeles, California, Emily is the daughter of Academy Award-nominated cinematographer Caleb Deschanel and actress Mary Jo Deschanel. Here’s everything you need to know about Emily Deschanel, the American actress.
Must Watch: Would you live on 3D Printed Mars for a year for $60,000?
Deschanel grew up in a creative household and was exposed to the entertainment industry from a young age. She attended Boston University, where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theater, before moving to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career.
Emily’s breakthrough role came in 2005 when she was cast as Dr. Temperance Brennan in the crime drama series “Bones”. The show, which ran for 12 seasons, was a critical and commercial success, and Emily’s performance as the highly intelligent forensic anthropologist earned her numerous award nominations.
Aside from her work on “Bones”, Deschanel has also appeared in a variety of other film and television projects, including “Cold Mountain”, “The Alamo”, and “Spider-Man 2”. She is also a committed animal rights activist and has worked with organizations such as the Humane Society of the United States to promote animal welfare.
Full Real Name: Emily Erin Deschanel
Stage Name: Emily Deschanel
Date of Birth: October 11, 1976
Age (as of 2023): 46
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, USA
Current Residence: Los Angeles, California, USA
Profession: Actress, producer, animal rights activist
Net worth: Approximately $30 million USD (as of 2023)
Religion: Not publicly known
Ethnicity: English, Irish, Swiss-German, and French
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Education: Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater from Boston University
School/College: Harvard-Westlake School (Los Angeles), Crossroads School (Santa Monica), and Boston University (Boston)
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″ (175 cm)
Weight (approx.): 132 lbs (60 kg)
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Emily Deschanel was born on October 11, 1976, in Los Angeles, California, to a family with a strong background in the entertainment industry. Her father, Caleb Deschanel, is an acclaimed cinematographer who has been nominated for six Academy Awards, while her mother, Mary Jo Deschanel, is an actress.
Growing up, Emily was exposed to the world of acting and filmmaking through her parents’ work. She was also raised in a creative and artistic household, with her mother being a well-known acting coach in Hollywood. Emily’s older sister, Zooey Deschanel, is also an actress and musician.
Emily attended Harvard-Westlake School in Los Angeles, where she was a talented athlete and competed on the school’s cross-country team. She also attended the Crossroads School in Santa Monica, where she developed an interest in acting and performed in school plays. After high school, Emily went on to attend Boston University, where she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theater.
During her time at Boston University, Emily continued to pursue her passion for acting, appearing in numerous theater productions. She also spent a semester studying abroad in London, where she honed her craft at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. Upon graduating, Emily moved back to Los Angeles to pursue her acting career.
Emily Deschanel’s acting career began in the early 2000s when she landed small roles in a number of films and television shows. Her breakout role came in 2005 when she was cast as Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan in the crime drama series “Bones”. The show, which was based on the novels by author Kathy Reichs, followed Brennan, a highly intelligent forensic anthropologist, and her team as they solve crimes through the examination of human remains. The series was a critical and commercial success, running for 12 seasons and earning Emily numerous award nominations for her performance.
In addition to her work on “Bones”, Emily has appeared in a number of other film and television projects throughout her career. She starred in the 2004 film “Cold Mountain” alongside Jude Law and Nicole Kidman, and also had supporting roles in “The Alamo” (2004) and “Spider-Man 2” (2004). She has also lent her voice to a number of animated series, including “American Dad!” and “The Simpsons”.
In recent years, Emily has expanded her career beyond acting and has become involved in producing and directing. She served as an executive producer on the documentary film “Vegan 2017”, which explores the vegan movement and its impact on animal rights, environmental sustainability, and public health. She has also directed several episodes of “Bones” and the television series “The Resident”.
In addition to her work in entertainment, Emily is also a committed animal rights activist and has been involved with a number of organizations dedicated to animal welfare. She is a vegan and has worked with the Humane Society of the United States to promote animal protection legislation.
Throughout her career, Emily Deschanel has been recognized for her work as an actress with numerous award nominations and wins. For her role as Dr. Temperance “Bones” Brennan on the crime drama series “Bones”, Emily was nominated for several awards, including a Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series in 2006 and a People’s Choice Award for Favorite TV Drama Actress in 2011. She also received nominations for the Prism Award for Best Performance in a Drama Series in 2008 and 2009.
In addition to her individual nominations, Emily and her co-stars on “Bones” were recognized for their ensemble work with several award nominations. The show was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Outside of her work on “Bones”, Emily has also received recognition for her film roles. In 2007, she was nominated for a Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama for her role in the film “Glory Road”. She also received a Best Actress Award at the San Diego Film Festival in 2011 for her performance in the independent film “The Perfect Family”.
In addition to her acting accolades, Emily has been recognized for her work as a producer. In 2017, she received a Genesis Award from the Humane Society of the United States for her work on the documentary “Vegan 2017”. The award recognizes individuals in the entertainment industry who raise awareness of animal protection issues through their work.
- Emily is fluent in French, having spent a portion of her childhood in France.
- Emily’s sister, Zooey Deschanel, is also an actress and musician. The two have co-starred in several projects, including the film “Our Idiot Brother” and the television series “Bones”.
- In addition to being a vegan, Emily is also an environmental activist and has been involved with several organizations focused on sustainability.
- Emily is a trained improvisational comedian and has performed with the comedy troupe The Groundlings.
- Emily has a son named Henry Hornsby, who was born in 2011, and a daughter named Calvin Hornsby, who was born in 2015. She is married to writer and actor David Hornsby.
- Emily is a supporter of various charities and has worked with organizations such as PETA, Stand Up to Cancer, and Best Friends Animal Society.
- Emily has a keen interest in science and has participated in several science-related projects. She appeared in a 2011 video series titled “The Fabric of the Cosmos”, which explores the nature of space and time.
- Emily is an avid reader and has recommended several books on her social media accounts, including “Becoming” by Michelle Obama and “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari.
Other Noteworthy Personalities
- Tommy Kono – Greatest American Weightlifter
- Masako Katsura – The First Lady Of Billiards
- Amanda Aldridge – British Opera Singer
- Hisaye Yamamoto – American Author
- Anne McLaren – British Geneticist
- Louise Jean McCary – Daughter of Actress Emma Stone
- Jaya Kelly – Popular American Singer And Daughter Of R Kelly
- Notti Osama – The Untold Story
- Kim Taehyung – South Korean Singer
- Kelly Piquet – Max Verstappen’s Brazilian Girlfriend
- Claudia Heffner Peltz – The Third Wife Of Nelson Peltz
- Finley Aaron Love Lockwood – Elvis Presley’s Granddaughter
- Clara Chía Martí – Barcelona Star Gerard Piqué New Girlfriend
- Kylian Mbappé’s Girlfriend – Know Her Secret Life
- Harper Vivienne Ann Lockwood – Lisa Marie Presley’s Daughter With Michael Lockwood
- William Shaner – American Olympic Sports Shooter
- Ángela Peralta – Opera Singer
- Ildaura Murillo-Rohde – Panamanian Nurse
- Edmond Dédé – American Musician And Composer
- Michiyo Tsujimura – Japanese Agricultural Scientist
- Jackie Sandler – American Model And Actress
- Dylan Arnold – American Actor
- Willa Fitzgerald – American actress
- Glen Powell – American Actor
- Lori Anne Allison – Make-Up Artist And Johnny Depp’s Ex-Wife
- Cassie Howard – Major Character In HBO Series Euphoria
- Adrianne Palicki – American Actress
- Eduardo Franco – American Comedy Actor
- Angie Dickinson – American Actress
- Hassie Harrison – American Actress
- Manny Montana – American Actor
- Gama Pehlwan – Legendary Indian Wrestler
- Ludwig Guttmann – German Neurologist
- Katarzyna Kobro – Polish Sculptor
- Olivia Wilde – American Actress
- Theo James – English Actor
- Theo James – English Actor
- Jack Depp – Johnny Depp’s Son
- Mia Goth – English Actress
- Quandale Dingle – Musical Artist
- Belle Delphine – South African-British Internet Celebrity
- Gigachad – The Memes Guy
- Squidward – Fictional Character
- Sid The Sloth – Movie Character
- Pablo Schreiber – Canadian-American Actor
- Patrick Bateman – Fictional Character
- Jonathan Taylor Thomas – American Actor
- Lord Farquaad – Movie Character
- Mike Wazowski – The One Eyed Monster