Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted in 2018 that a future Tesla Roadster will have a “SpaceX option package” with “10 small rocket thrusters arranged seamlessly around the car” to improve performance. More than three years later, there is still no Roadster that we’ve seen.
- EXPLOSIVE: Here’s what was uncovered in Hunter Biden’s iCloud Hack
- MAJOR PEER REVIEWED STUDY: Moderna Vaccine Increases Myocarditis Risk By 44 Times In Young Adults
- MUST READ: High Level International Bankers Simulate The Collapse Of Global Financial System
- BIG STORY: Wuhan Lab Isolated Monkeypox Strain In 2020
- EXPLOSIVE: Ukraine Biolabs Used Fever Carrying Mosquitoes To Spark Dengue Pandemic In Cuba
SpaceX option package for new Tesla Roadster will include ~10 small rocket thrusters arranged seamlessly around car. These rocket engines dramatically improve acceleration, top speed, braking & cornering. Maybe they will even allow a Tesla to fly …— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 9, 2018
However, YouTuber Warped Perception couldn’t wait any longer, so he built his own.
Warped Perception mounted three miniature jet engines on the back of his Tesla Model S P85 electric vehicle, right below the spoiler, in a neutral pressure zone.
He said the placement of the engines allows them to be ignited anytime and avoid damage from windmilling.
In the first test, he flipped the jet engines to full thrust while cruising in neutral down a highway. He was able to record the speed of the Tesla incrementally climbed.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
The second test was a series of 0-60 mph launches. Under electric power, the car achieved 0-60 mph time of 4.38 seconds. He shaved off an entire second at 3.32 seconds with thrusters engaged under full electric power.
Warped Perception believes with some more fine-tuning, he could make the Tesla run in the low 2 seconds on a 0-60 mph launch.
Watch video below: