Confusion about exemptions and the supply of essential items has left scores of people in the lurch as India went into a 21-day lockdown from Tuesday midnight to combat the spread of Covid-19. So here we have compiled an official list of services available during lockdown, as issued by the Home Ministry. The list is categorized as: Fully open and permitted, Open, but with limited staffing and Closed.
Must Watch: Putin offers Nuclear Weapons to Everyone
- EXCLUSIVE: Coronavirus Bioweapon – How China Stole Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponized It (watch here Visualizing The Secret History Of Coronavirus)
- Watch the exclusive interview of Bioweapons Expert Dr. Francis Boyle on Coronavirus Biological Warfare blocked by the Deep State
On 24th March, 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ordered a complete lockdown for the entire nation over the following 21 days in order to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The past month showed the government that immigration control and social distancing, practised vigorously in countries such as Singapore and Russia, are far more effective in curtailing the spread of the disease than trying to engage medical services and equipment in treating it.
The PM urged citizens to take the order extremely seriously and allocated ₹150 billion towards medical infrastructure and treatment services.
Home Minister Amit Shah stated that central and state governments must coordinate their efforts in order to ensure that there is no shortage of essential commodities and services during the lockdown.
Below, we have compiled a list of services available during lockdown, as issued by the Home Ministry (pdf).
MUST WATCH: The Truth About COVID-19 Revealed In EU Parliament
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Fully open and permitted
- Medical facilities: Hospitals, medicine manufacturing, distribution, chemicallabs, clinics, nursing homes,transportation for medical staff
- Retail: ration shops under PDS (Public Distribution System), shops dealing with groceries, vegetables and fruits, milk, meat, fish and animal fodder
- Distribution and delivery servicesof essential goods (food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment)
- Manufacturing and production: manufacturing of essential commodities, production units which require continuous processing, after obtaining permission from State Government
- Facilities: for quarantining, hotels and lodges to accommodate tourists
Open, but with limited staffing
- Defence: police, fire, emergency services, prison, private security
- Municipality and civil services: Municipality offices, treasury, district administration, post office
- Utilities: power, electricity, water, fuel & gas outlets, sanitation, national informatics centre, early warning agencies
- Banking: banks, insurance offices, ATMs
- Print and electronic media
- Telecommunication, internet services
- IT and related services
- Capital markets: debt and stock market exchanges and service providers
- Logistics: Cold storage and warehousing services, e-commerce for essential goods
- Educational institutes & services
- Industrial establishments
- Places of worship
- Hospitality services
- Social, political, sports, entertainment functions and gatherings
- Funerals (Maximum 20 attendees)
- Transportation services including air, road and railways
For latest updates on the outbreak check out our Coronavirus Coverage. Send in your tips and submissions by filling out this form or write to us directly at the email provided. Join us on WhatsApp for more intel and updates.
GreatGameIndia is a journal on Geopolitics and International Relations. Get to know the Geopolitical threats India is facing in our exclusive book India in Cognitive Dissonance. Past magazine issues can be accessed from the Archives section.
Read more on Chinese Biological and Chemical warfare activities against India in our exclusive History of Narco-Terrorism issue.