Six Supreme Court judges were down with influenza A (H1N1) virus, commonly known as swine flu, Justice DY Chandrachud told lawyers during a hearing on Monday.
Must Watch: Putin offers Nuclear Weapons to Everyone
- COVID19 Files – A Scientific Investigation on Mysterious Origin of Coronavirus
- BOMBSHELL: How Coronavirus leaked from Wuhan Laboratory
- EXPLOSIVE: Canadian Scientist Frank Plummer Key to Coronavirus Investigation Assassinated
- Breaking: India launch investigation against China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology
- Exclusive: Coronavirus Bioweapon – How Chinese agents stole Coronavirus from Canada and weaponized it
- Exclusive Interview: Bioweapons Expert Dr. Francis Boyle on the Origins of Coronavirus (transcript)
- Must read piece published worldwide: Coronavirus – China’s Secret Plan to Weaponize Viruses
- Update: Chinese Biowarfare agents at Harvard University caught smuggling deadly viruses
The judge said Chief Justice of India Sharad Arvind Bobde had held one meeting in this context to figure out the steps that may be taken to check the virus from spreading any more. Justice Chandrachud said he has suggested the inoculation of those working in the SC.
The topic came up again sometime later in another court when the lawyer requested permission to let a colleague make the argument on her behalf. To a question by Justice Arun Mishra, senior lawyer Aryama Sundaram said he was feeling exhausted and not feeling too well.
Justice Mishra told the senior lawyer that it would be better if he doesn’t come to court then.
“It is a request to everyone here, don’t come to court if you are not feeling well”, Justice Mishra said.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
The judge said there was a reason why he was making this request. Sundaram mentioned the figure of 6 judges that Justice Chandrachud had referred to, prompting another judge on the bench to spell it out, again: “H1N1 swine flu”.
There have been suggestions that a special dispensary be set up at the top court complex to inoculate all visitors to the court.
A public dispensary will be set up this evening at the Supreme Court to prevent the spread of the H1N1 virus, popularly known as Swine Flu.
The decision to set up the clinic was taken following a meeting held between Chief Justice of India SA Bobde and President of the Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) Dushyant Dave today.
The dispensary is being set up to inoculate all lawyers against the infection. Speaking to Bar & Bench, Dushyant Dave also revealed that the SCBA has pledged Rs 10 lakh for lawyers who are unable to afford the vaccination costs.
GreatGameIndia is a journal on Geopolitics and International Relations. Get to know the Geopolitical threats India is facing in our exclusive book India in Cognitive Dissonance. Past magazine issues can be accessed from the Archives section.
Read more on Chinese Biological and Chemical warfare activities against India in our exclusive History of Narco-Terrorism issue.
Send in your tips and submissions by filling out this form or write to us directly at the email provided. Join us on WhatsApp for more intel and updates.