Du Wei, the Chinese ambassador to Israel has been assassinated in Tel Aviv. He was found dead in his residence by the police coincidentally, in what the officials say was “part of the regular procedure”. Even without any investigation the police have called it a “death by natural causes”. However, the Indian intelligence community GreatGameIndia spoke to believes it was an assassination in proportionate response to the death of the Commander of the newly created US Space Force in similar circumstances a couple of days ago.
Must Watch: Did China Save US From Default?
Du Wei, the Chinese ambassador to Israel found dead
China’s ambassador to Israel, Du Wei was found dead in his residence in Tel Aviv on Sunday. His dead body was found by Israeli police when they reached his home coincidentally “as part of the regular procedure”.
Although the investigation is still pending the police told Reuters that they believe it was a “death by natural causes”.
An Israeli police spokesman confirmed the ambassador’s death at the residence in coastal Herzliya, adding only that police were at the scene “as part of the regular procedure”. “Police are investigating this as death by natural causes,” an Israeli official briefed on the matter told Reuters.
China’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying posted a tweet expressing “deepest condolences” at her colleague’s death. The tweet provided no information about the death.
Deepest condolences to my colleague Ambassador Du Wei to Israel!
— Hua Chunying 华春莹 (@SpokespersonCHN) May 18, 2020
Biography of Du Wei:
- 1989-1990: Staff member, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- 1990-1992: Attaché, Department of Soviet Union and Eastern European Affairs, MFA
- 1992-1994: Attaché, then Third Secretary, Department of European-Central Asian Affairs, MFA
- 1994-1997: Third Secretary, then Second Secretary, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Estonia
- 1997-2003: Second Secretary, Deputy Division Director, then Division Director, Department of European-Central Asian Affairs,MFA
- 2003-2007: Assistant to the Secretary General, Secretariat of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- 2007-2011: Counselor, Department of European-Central Asian Affairs, MFA
- 2011-2013: Deputy Director-General and Division Director for the Office of Important Diplomatic Documents and Speeches, Policy Planning Department,MFA
- 2013-2016: Deputy Director-General, Policy Planning Department,MFA
- 2016-2019: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to Ukraine
- February 2020: Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of China to the State of Israel
Although Israeli police have called it a death “by natural causes” even with the investigation pending, the Indian intelligence community GreatGameIndia spoke to believes it was an assassination in proportionate response to the death of the Commander of the newly created US Space Force in similar circumstances a couple of days ago.
MUST WATCH: The Truth About COVID-19 Revealed In EU Parliament
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Natural causes at 47 with some of the most rigorous testing and health screening in the galaxy. Okay. https://t.co/lxgnGba8ms
— P-L-27WE17:17 1:7ARE33-O-S (@RealEyeTheSpy) May 17, 2020
Air Force Col. Thomas Falzarano, who commanded the service’s 21st Space Wing, was found dead Tuesday at his home on Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado. On 20 December 2019, the 21st Space Wing, along with the rest of Air Force Space Command, was transferred to the newly created United States Space Force.
The Air Force has opened an investigation into Falzarano’s death but just as the Israeli officials, the official narrative is that he “died of natural causes”.
Send in your tips and submissions by filling out this form or write to us directly at the email provided. Join us on WhatsApp for more intel and updates.
GreatGameIndia is a journal on Geopolitics and International Relations. Get to know the Geopolitical threats India is facing in our exclusive book India in Cognitive Dissonance. Past magazine issues can be accessed from the Archives section.