Vietnam’s aviation authority has suspended all Pakistani pilots working for local airlines, amid concern from global regulators that the pilots may have been using “dubious” licences.
- EXPLOSIVE: Here’s what was uncovered in Hunter Biden’s iCloud Hack
- MAJOR PEER REVIEWED STUDY: Moderna Vaccine Increases Myocarditis Risk By 44 Times In Young Adults
- MUST READ: High Level International Bankers Simulate The Collapse Of Global Financial System
- BIG STORY: Wuhan Lab Isolated Monkeypox Strain In 2020
- EXPLOSIVE: Ukraine Biolabs Used Fever Carrying Mosquitoes To Spark Dengue Pandemic In Cuba
- Vietnam has suspended all Pakistani pilots over concerns of Fake Licences following a crash investigation
- Earlier, Pakistan grounded more than 100 airline pilots whose credentials were falsified
- The fraud was brought to light by IATA which found irregularities in pilot licences at Pakistan International Airlines
- Vietnam had licensed 27 Pakistani pilots, and 12 of them were still active
- Other 15 pilots’ contracts had expired or were inactive because of the coronavirus pandemic
Earlier, Pakistan grounded more than 100 airline pilots whose credentials were falsified. The fraud was brought to light by global airlines body IATA which found irregularities in pilot licences at Pakistan International Airlines and said it represented a “serious lapse” in safety controls.
“The head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) has ordered a suspension for all Pakistani pilots working for Vietnamese airlines,” the CAAV said in a statement on Monday.
The pilots would be suspended until further notice while Vietnamese authorities coordinate with Pakistani authorities to review the pilots’ profiles.
Vietnam had licensed 27 Pakistani pilots, and 12 of them were still active, while the other 15 pilots’ contracts had expired or were inactive because of the coronavirus pandemic, according to the CAAV.
Vietnamese airlines currently have 1,260 pilots, with nearly half of them holding foreign citizenship, according to the CAAV.
GreatGameIndia is a journal on Geopolitics and International Relations. Get to know the Geopolitical threats India is facing in our exclusive book India in Cognitive Dissonance. Past magazine issues can be accessed from the Archives section.