Pfizer must prove the efficacy of its Covid vaccine within the next 48 hours in Uruguay. The judge issued the ruling in response to a case asking Uruguay to halt child immunizations. On Wednesday, it will become evident to what degree the government and Pfizer can offer the necessary proof (and whether doing so will have repercussions).
The media in Uruguay reports that a judge in Montevideo has mandated that a variety of facts on Covid vaccines be disclosed – within 48 hours. The government, the Ministry of Health, the state health organization, and pharmaceutical behemoth Pfizer are all mentioned in Administrative Judge Alejandro Recarey’s order.
Comprehensive information on the vaccine’s formulation and proof of its safety are among the items that are sought.
The hearing, where the needed information must be provided, is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on Wednesday and will be attended by representatives of all agencies as well as pharmaceutical behemoth Pfizer.
The judge issued the ruling in response to a case asking Uruguay to halt child vaccinations.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
The following information is required, under the decree:
- The vaccine purchase agreements between the Uruguayan government and Pfizer, along with details on whether they contain provisions for civil damages or provider immunity from prosecution in the event of potential negative effects.
- Information about the distribution of vaccination batches and quality control procedures.
- Information about the vaccine’s biological makeup, including whether graphene oxide and other nanotechnology-related components are present.
- Information on the used mRNA and proof that it is safe.
- An explanation of whether the vaccine or some of its components are experimental.
- Detailed information proving the vaccination’s efficacy and safety, i.e., “the negative or positive impact of the so-called vaccination on the number of infections and deaths diagnosed with Covid from the beginning of the campaign to the present.”
- Information on the average age of those who passed away after receiving a Covid-19 diagnosis, as well as how many of those fatalities were due solely to the illness, is to be provided in detail.
- Information on if studies on the rise in deaths in Uruguay since the vaccination program started in March 2021 are being undertaken.
- Scientific proof that those who are not vaccinated are dangerous.
- Information on the people in charge of the vaccination program, including their affiliations with NGOs and (pharmaceutical) enterprises.
- Information about the scope of the research into alternative remedies for COVID-19.
On Wednesday, it will become evident to what degree the government and Pfizer can offer the necessary proof (and whether doing so will have repercussions).