A dreadful incident took place right after the Polio National Immunization Day i.e on 31st of January which was launched by President R. N. Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan. 12 kids were given drops of hand sanitizer instead of polio vaccine drops due to utter negligence by the health care authorises of Primary Health Centre.
- EXPLOSIVE: Here’s what was uncovered in Hunter Biden’s iCloud Hack
- MAJOR PEER REVIEWED STUDY: Moderna Vaccine Increases Myocarditis Risk By 44 Times In Young Adults
- MUST READ: High Level International Bankers Simulate The Collapse Of Global Financial System
- BIG STORY: Wuhan Lab Isolated Monkeypox Strain In 2020
- EXPLOSIVE: Ukraine Biolabs Used Fever Carrying Mosquitoes To Spark Dengue Pandemic In Cuba
The incident took place in Ghatanji’s Kapsi-Kopari village in Maharashtra’s Yavatmal district about 700 km from state capital Mumbai.
According to the available information, over 2,000 children, ageing 1-5 years, had gathered along with their parents for the polio vaccination programme under the national immunization drive 2021.
As stated by reports, some of the children were given oral drops of sanitizer instead of the polio drops after which many complained of nausea, cramps and started vomiting, creating panic among the parents and health officials there.
All the children were admitted immediately to the Paediatric ward of Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College and Hospital for treatment.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
Based on the last information received from Yavatmal, the condition of the children is stable and under constant observation.
VNGMCH Dean Dr Milind Kamble told IANS, “All the children are now stable and improving. They are being kept under constant observation. Depending on their condition, we shall consider discharging them on Tuesday evening”.
Dr. Milind Kamble also added that though it is not fatal, it contains around 70 percent alcohol which may create health complications, especially among children.
M. Devender Singh (Deputy Commissioner of Yavatmal) visited the hospital and enquired about the condition of the children.
He also ordered the Zilla Parishad CEO Shrikrishna Panchal to visit the village and investigate the incident and after his preliminary probe, three nurses were suspended from duty.
Shrikrishna Panchal said, “the nurses apparently mistook bottles of sanitisers placed nearby to be the vaccine drops and administered them to the unsuspecting kids even as another three health workers are under the scanner for the lapse”.
According to farmers leader from Yavatmal and Vasantrao Naik Sheti Swavlamban Mission President Kishore Tiwari suspects it could be a case of “deliberate sabotage” and plans to visit the affected village.
For latest updates on the outbreak check out our Coronavirus Coverage.