After the raid, the Department of Justice and FBI have been relatively silent about the reason behind the search of Mar-a-Lago or the subject of their inquiry. However, Eric Trump has come out saying that the FBI raid surveillance tape will be released at the right time.
- EXPLOSIVE: Here’s what was uncovered in Hunter Biden’s iCloud Hack
- MAJOR PEER REVIEWED STUDY: Moderna Vaccine Increases Myocarditis Risk By 44 Times In Young Adults
- MUST READ: High Level International Bankers Simulate The Collapse Of Global Financial System
- BIG STORY: Wuhan Lab Isolated Monkeypox Strain In 2020
- EXPLOSIVE: Ukraine Biolabs Used Fever Carrying Mosquitoes To Spark Dengue Pandemic In Cuba
Eric Trump, son of former president Donald Trump, said the family would disclose surveillance footage showing the FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home last week “at the right time.”
“Will you—you still have the surveillance tape, is that correct? Will you—are you allowed to share that with the country?” Sean Hannity of Fox News asked Eric Trump on Monday night.
“Absolutely, Sean,” the younger Trump said, noting that the tape would be released “at the right time.” He suggested that law enforcement officers, including FBI agents, use body cameras to ensure complete transparency.
“That’s why cops wear body cams. They don’t tell you to turn off cameras—they want transparency, and that’s not what happened here,” Trump said, referring to the raid.
Subscribe to GreatGameIndia
The second son of the former president remained vague on the releasing date for the video.
Eric Trump claimed last week in an interview with the Daily Mail that FBI agents had instructed lawyers to switch off the Mar-a-Lago security cameras. However, they didn’t, and Donald Trump’s attorney, Alina Habba, eventually admitted that the previous president and his family had observed the FBI raid last week via CCTV cameras.
A different attorney, Christina Bobb, revealed to Real America’s Voice last week that security cameras were briefly switched off when FBI investigators spoke with the former president’s attorneys. She did, however, claim that while they were in New York, the family witnessed “the whole thing,” in reference to the raid.
In the meantime, Bobb told the publication that she was “stuck in the parking lot” of Mar-a-Lago and was “there to collect paper and answer questions.”
“The FBI and others from the Federal Government would not let anyone, including my lawyers, be anywhere near the areas that were rummaged and otherwise looked at during the raid on Mar-a-Lago,” former President Trump wrote on Truth Social last week.
After the raid, the Department of Justice and FBI have been relatively silent about the reason behind the search of Mar-a-Lago or the subject of their inquiry. Attorney General Merrick Garland stated at a press conference three days after the raid that he personally authorized the FBI’s effort to get a warrant, which was authorized by U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart.
Republicans and Trump have requested that an affidavit in the matter be made public by the agencies. The action would demonstrate the purpose of the FBI’s raid.
A day after Garland’s press conference, the warrant and property receipt were unsealed, revealing that FBI agents had allegedly retrieved numerous boxes of material, including supposedly top-secret or classified documents. What the documents contained is unclear.
Trump is under investigation for alleged violations of the Espionage Act and for obstructing justice, according to the unsealed warrant. The document didn’t contain any additional information, though.
The Department of Justice has since submitted a motion asking the court to maintain the affidavit’s secrecy. Without delving into any detail, the federal agency’s attorneys said that releasing it would “irreparably harm the government’s ongoing criminal investigation.”
However, Trump said on Truth Social on Monday that the FBI had confiscated several of his passports and demanded their return. Following Trump’s remarks, the passports will be returned, a Department of Justice official who declined to be named told major news organizations.
The news broke as Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich shared a screenshot of an email purportedly from a Department of Justice official on Twitter, in which the official acknowledged the bureau took the passports.
The email stated, “We have learned that the filter agents seized three passports belonging to President Trump, two expired and one being his active diplomatic passport,” and that the organization is “returning” the confiscated passports.