Multiple Schools In Bengaluru Get Bomb Threat Emails, Over 5,000 Students Evacuated

According to police sources, Multiple schools in Bengaluru got bomb threat emails; over 5,000 students evacuated. Police personnel have been instructed by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to conduct a comprehensive probe into the bomb threats.

bengaluru schools bomb threat 1

According to a senior police officer, up to 48 schools in Bengaluru received bomb threats via email on Friday morning, causing officials to remove the pupils so that the city police’s anti-sabotage and bomb teams could conduct checks. B Dayananda, the Bengaluru City Commissioner of Police, has labeled the threat as a hoax.

“Certain schools in Bengaluru city have received emails today morning indicating ‘bomb threat’. Bomb detection and anti-sabotage teams have been called upon to confirm and investigate. Seems like the calls are scams. Even then, we’ll make every attempt to find the offenders,” he wrote on X. (previously known as Twitter).

Police personnel have been instructed by Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah to conduct a comprehensive probe into the bomb threats that educational institutions have received.

According to police sources, the email threats resembled those that were received by several schools in 2022. These kinds of inspections are carried out in schools like NEEV, KLAY, and Vidyashilp.

According to police sources, the emails that were received on Friday were sent from a variety of addresses by hiding the IP address of origin. Following the threats on Friday, the 48 schools that house more than 5,000 students were compelled to take emergency measures, which included sending the kids back home. As a precautionary measure, parents have been permitted to return their children home by schools even in cases when they were not informed of the purported bomb threat.

“We are encountering an unexpected situation at school today. The school has received a security threat from unknown sources. As we hold the safety of our children at utmost priority, we have decided to disperse the students immediately,” a message from the NEEV School to parents stated on Friday morning. “Kids are being sent home as per the advice of the bomb squad. We are evaluating the threat but for safety, kids go home,” the school message said.

According to the article published in FT, the US foiled India’s terrorist assassination plot on Sikh rebel Gurpatwant Singh Pannun on American soil.

Up to 16 schools in Bengaluru received fictitious bomb threats over email on April 8, 2022, between 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. The email said: “This is not a joke, a very powerful bomb has been planted in your school. Call the police and sappers right away. Do not delay; everything is now in your hands.” It also said that hundreds of lives, including your own, could be lost.

An inquiry into the 2022 police booking of a case under cyber terrorism charges showed that the email IDs used for the threats were utilized by a juvenile from Tamil Nadu. A minor who developed a program to disguise the internet protocol (IP) addresses in order to send the group emails was looked into after the investigation discovered that the same application was used to transmit the communications.

“We were able to track where the code was generated from and it shows the involvement of a minor from Tamil Nadu. But who used it to send threat emails to schools and institutions is yet to be ascertained,” the police said about the investigation into the 2022 incident.

GreatGameIndia is being actively targeted by powerful forces who do not wish us to survive. Your contribution, however small help us keep afloat. We accept voluntary payment for the content available for free on this website via UPI, PayPal and Bitcoin.

Support GreatGameIndia

Leave a Reply